- Our intelligent lossless compression engine decides the compression rate automatically to deliver the smallest possible file size without compromising image quality.
- Our worry free automatic scheduler crawls and compresses new images daily so you can rest assured knowing all new products you add to your store are always optimized automatically.
- With our bulk restore and re-optimization options you'll never have to worry about permanently losing or damaging your original files. If you ever need to restore an image or all images, you can do that with a click of a button.
So why compress your images?
File Size Reduction
File size reduction is by far the biggest benefit of image compression. This means the image takes up less storage space while retaining the same physical dimensions. File size reduction works perfectly particularly for Shopify store owners that want to create, or already have, beautiful image-rich sites without hogging bandwidth.
Images properly optimized with compression means it takes less time for them to load on your site for your visitor to see. This difference may be small for a few images, but adds up to significant savings when your store has hundreds and hundreds of images, which many Shopify stores do.
Improved Search Engine Ranking
According to Google, who started using site speed as an SEO ranking factor back in 2010, faster loading sites rank higher in organic search results (Source: http://pxlaftr.com/site-speed-in-search). Although our Compressr app has a built-in site speed checker, you can also check your page speed with the Google PageSpeed Insights tool: http://pxlaftr.com/page-speed.
Increase conversion rate
According to a recent Forbes.com article, "Web performance is user experience. Fast page load time builds trust in your site; it yields more returning visitors, more users choosing your site over a competitor’s site, and more people trusting your brand. Users expect pages to load in two seconds, and after three seconds, up to 40% of users will abandon your site.
Similar results have been noted by major sites like Amazon, who found that 100 milliseconds of additional page load time decreased sales by one percent, and Google, who lost 20% of revenue and traffic due to half a second increase in page load time. Akamai has also reported that 75% of online shoppers who experience an issue such as freezing, crashing, taking too long to load, or having a convoluted checkout process will not buy from that site." (Source: http://pxlaftr.com/site-speed-conversions)
Automatically Optimize Current Images
Once you install the Compressr app and press the start button to run the optimization engine, every existing image on your site will automatically be compressed and optimized.
Automatically Optimize New Images.
After the app is already installed, every new image you add to your site will continue to be automatically optimized and compressed because of our daily scheduled crawler.
Compressr will also store your original images for 30 days, if you wish you can restore the originals at any time.
Smaller File Size, Same Image Quality
With out Compressr app, there is no quality loss. Every image will be exactly the same as the original. Rest assured your product mockups, photographs, or art will look as sharp and clean as the originals.
How it works?
Run it once
- Install Compressr and go to its dashboard. Hit the start button and compression starts immediately.
- Newly added images are compressed automatically thanks to our daily crawler.
- Enjoy faster site speed, better organic search results, increased conversions, and more time to spend on actually building your business.